Saturday, June 2, 2012

My First Quilt

I'm just learning to sew. I've never made a quilt, but when I read about Downey's Quilt for Kids program, I knew I had too take the plunge.

I was so excited when I received my package yesterday from Downey. The fabric they sent me is adorable.

Downey sends you the fabric for the quilt already cut out and the instructions. You provide the thread and batting. They ask that the quilt be completed and sent back in 4-6 weeks.

The quilt will be donated to children in hospitals, as part of the Downey Touch of Comfort program. There is a tag provided for you to add your name and quilt's name. The coolest part is they have a website, Downey.com/HelpingKids, where you can register your quilt and tell your quilt's story. Then as kids use your quilt in the hospital they can go and add to the story of the quilt.

I can't wait to get started!


No comments: